Food Supplement is a product used to supplement daily diets to maintain, strengthen, improve the functions of the human body, and reduce the risk of disease. Therefore, it is gradually becoming the important part of modern life.
VIVALAW pride ourselves on being a professional consultation company about food areas, we have experienced experts who can legally support customers about The Food Supplement Declaration fastly based on Vietnamese law.
1. Requirements of summitting the Food Supplement Declaration
- Business registration certificate has an industry sector about manufacture or business activity with Food Supplement.
2. Regulatory authority: Vietnamese Food Administration – Ministry of Health.
3. The full documents to do the procedure
A. PROFILES PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER
|1||Business registration certificate||01||Scan the original|
|2||Certificate of free sales (CFS)
|01||Scan the original||For the imported Food Supplement|
|3||Notarized translation of Certificate of free sales||01||Scan the original||VIVALAW will support|
|4||The certificate of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or equivalent certificates||01||Scan the original|
|5||Notarized translation of GMP||01||Scan the original||VIVALAW will support|
|6||Specification of product
(provided by manufacturer)
|01||Scan the original|
|7||Notarized translation of Specification (provided by manufacturer)||01||Scan the original||VIVALAW will support|
|8||The product’s sample||01|
B. PROFILES SIGNED AND SEALED BY CUSTOMER
|1||The announcement of product||01||Sign and stamp||VIVALAW will provides|
|2||The secondary label or main label
(With the supplement produced in Vietnam)
|Stamp (hanging seal)||VIVALAW will provides|
|3||The detail of information of components||01||Stamp (Hanging seal and Affixed seal)||VIVALAW will provides|
4. VIVALAW has responsibility in:
- Comprehensive advising legal issues and other aspects of law related to the publication in Vietnam. Especially the procedure related to commodity circulation in the market;
- Compile a dossier as rules;
- Represent to apply the dossier at Department of Food Safety – Ministry of Health;
- Follow and explain about the dossier as request of the competent authority;
- Receive the results of product quality standards paper;
- Give a complete dossier to save.
5. Partner and Customer used VIVALAW’s service
- YES HEALTH Vietnam Company;
- SUC KHOE VANG Company;
- VITA HEALTH Company;
- KARMARTS Vietnam Company;
- EUFOOD Vietnam Company;
- THIEN PHU Export and Import Company;
- VIM CONSULTATION Company;
- KICOMART food system;
- E-U PHARCO Company;
- Vietnamese Herbals and Food Company;
- GCOOP Vietnam Company Limited;
- INTERSHOP Vietnam Company Limited;
- GOMI CORPORATION Company Limited;
- G MEMBERS Company Limited…
6. Violation on declaration and trading Food Supplement
|1||Fail to carry out procedures for registration of the Food Supplement declaration.||40.000.000 – 50.000.000||– The production/ import of foods shall be partially or entirely suspended for a fixed period of 01 – 03 months.
– Enforced recall, repurposing or recycling or destruction of foods.
|2||Altering or falsifying the contents of the self-declaration form, the declaration form, the certificate of registered product declaration, the test report, the certificate of food safety or other documents.||20.000.000 – 30.000.000|
|3||Failing to make another declaration or carry out procedures for re-registration of the product declaration in case of the change to the product name, origin or ingredients, or;||20.000.000 – 30.000.000||The certificate of declaration shall be suspended from 10 – 12 months.|
|4||Making self-declaration of the Food Supplement which is subject to mandatory registration of product declaration.||40.000.000 – 50.000.000||Enforced recall, repurposing or recycling or destruction of foods.|
|5||Labels is not specifying compulsory contents on the goods labels in accordance with regulations of law on goods labeling.||The highest fines can be 30.000.000 depending on the value of violating goods.|
|Labels display images, drawings, writings, signs, symbols, medals, prizes and other information that are not true to nature or fact of such goods||The highest fines can be 80.000.000 depending on the value of violating goods.|
7. Legal basis
– Law No 55/2010/QH 12 on Food Safety;
– Decree No. 15/2018/ND-CP dated February 02, 2018 of the Government on elaboration of some articles of the Law on Food safety;
– Circular No. 43/2014/TT-BYT dated November 24, 2014 of the Ministry of Health guiding Regulations on functional food management;
– Degree No. 43/2017/ND-CP on Good Labels;
– Degree No 115/2018/ND-CP on penalties for administrative violations against regulations on food safety;
– Circular No 67/2021/TT-BTC of Minister of Finance prescribing food safety and hygiene fees and collection, transfer, management and use thereof;
– Degree No 119/2017/ND-CP on penalties for administrative violations against regulations on standards, measurement and quality of goods.
This is the consultation content of VIVALAW about Service of the Food Supplement declaration. VIVALAW hopes that the above information will be helpful with our Clients. If you have any questions or need the detailed consultation, please contact us with the following information. VIVALAW is looking forward to receiving feedback from customers soon.